Tent and Temporary Trailer Permits

Views: 130

Tent and Temporary Trailer Permits

When are Tent and Temporary Trailer Permits required?

For commercial properties, approval from City Zoning (City properties) or the Area Plan Commission (County properties) is required before any tent is erected.

If the use of a tent on a commercial property will be more long-term than a special event with a set duration, an Improvement Location Permit must be obtained from the Building Department after approval from City or County Zoning.

For Residential properties, an Improvement Location Permit from the Building Department is required before any tent that is larger than 120 square feet is erected.

For Temporary Trailers (Construction Trailers, etc.) a permit must be obtained through the Building Department only:


Residential- City

Residential- County


What is the cost for Tent and Temporary Trailer Permits?

Improvement Location permit fees for the Building Department:

First Term - $40.00
Renewal - $45.00