Terminating Utilities Service

Views: 3515

Terminating Utilities Service

The various ways to request termination of service and other information pertaining to this topic can be found below. 

How do I terminate my Utility service?

To terminate service, residents can complete the termination form by going to the online portal at: utilities.southbendin.gov or call 311 or 574-235-9236 and select Option 4.

What information do I need to provide to terminate my Utility service?

The Utility will request a forwarding address for your final bill as well as the date that the services are to be terminated.

When will I receive my final bill?

Your final bill should generate within a week of termination.

Any deposit that was billed will be automatically refunded against the final bill.

If there is a net credit on your account greater than $3.00, a refund check will be issued to the last known billing address within ninety (90) days after payment of the final bill.

311 Process Notes

Please refer the customer to the online portal url listed above.