Lost pet

Views: 345

Lost pet

What to do if you have a lost pet.

What to do if your pet is missing

If you have lost a pet within the City of South Bend or the surrounding area, you should fill out a lost animal report through the South Bend Animal Resource Center as soon as possible.  

Where can I file a lost animal report?

You can come to SBARC and fill out a lost animal report.  While at the shelter, you can also walk through the stray dogs and cats to see if your pet is in the shelter.  SBARC is located at 521 Eclipse Place, South Bend, IN 46628.  You may also print off a copy of the lost report from southbendin.gov/sbarc fill it out and email it to sbarc@southbendin.gov or fax it to 574-235-7611.

What if I live outside of South Bend?

If you live in Mishawaka or in St. Joseph county, you can also submit a lost pet report to SBARC.  We encourage anyone missing a pet to walk through SBARC and St. Joseph County Humane Society twice a week until the missing pet is found.  

When can I look for my lost pet?

South Bend Animal Resource Center holds stray and found pets and is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.

311 Process Notes

When Filing a lost report we need a picture of the pet to file with it. 


If the resident has a pet that is lost and is microchipped, SBARC will contact the resident with the information on the chip. Even if their pet is microchipped, have the resident visit SBARC during normal hours and/or file lost report online.